Author Topic: My Signature....or lack of  (Read 1922 times)

Smee

My Signature....or lack of
« on: August 01, 2011, 04:30:42 AM »
I was meandering thro my profile, and i wanted to put a sig to appear at the foot of all my posts, but when i tried to put one in, i only get One character? Is this function only for upgraded users?

Offline maymay

• Up With the Sun
Re: My Signature....or lack of
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 04:37:37 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I was meandering thro my profile, and i wanted to put a sig to appear at the foot of all my posts, but when i tried to put one in, i only get One character? Is this function only for upgraded users?

I asked the same question when I registered last year. And I think it's the same "one character only" policy to everybody (which is not bad idea at all - just visit interference or u2.com and you'll see why!)

;)

Offline sw

• Running to Stand Still
  • At the home office it's always March 2010.
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 06:38:44 AM »

I asked the same question when I registered last year. And I think it's the same "one character only" policy to everybody (which is not bad idea at all - just visit interference or u2.com and you'll see why!)

;)

The ridiculously long/large signatures are one of the top reasons why I don't post much on u2.com.

Smee

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 07:12:25 AM »
Yeah...agreed...there re rediculously long sigs, but isnt one character rediculously SHORT....nae....POINTLESS?

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 10:28:42 AM »
Yep - pointless. That's the point. :-)

Focus here is on content/conversation, not goofy sign-offs and all the other junk people put in signatures. The system requires we allow at least one character. We'd turn it completely off if we could.