Author Topic: Lost your U2 mojo?  (Read 18483 times)

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
Re: Lost your U2 mojo?
« Reply #180 on: March 01, 2012, 10:56:53 PM »
I recently have gained a huge appreciation for War. I actually like Surrender and Red Light now, two songs I completely ignored initially.

Oh and Two Hearts should come back. NOW.

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The world is spinning fast tonight...
« Reply #181 on: March 02, 2012, 06:49:11 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I recently have gained a huge appreciation for War. I actually like Surrender and Red Light now, two songs I completely ignored initially.

Oh and Two Hearts should come back. NOW.

YES. RED LIGHT IS AWESOME!!!! I LOVE THAT SONG!!

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #182 on: March 02, 2012, 06:57:49 AM »
Mojo boost -

While listening to the radio on the way home today, 12 yo dd points out that Linkin Park's Bleed It Out has a guitar riff that reminds her of a U2 song. I listened and it was I Will Follow. Then we proceed to listen to IWF and I tell them what it's about. She and her twin sister go "awwww" and then ask questions about Bono and his mom. Then other 12 yo dd pipes up, "OK, I can't deny it, I like U2!!" She had previously been singing Vertigo before her sister piped up w/ the Linkin Park reference.  ;)

They both adore Jared Leto and 30 Seconds to Mars and know he covers Streets and I think another U2 song. They know that Coldplay and Muse respect U2 and they think Linkin Park must too. I tell them about the Youtube mash up of Shadow of the Day and WOWY.

Yes! Mojo boost accomplished.  ;D

I'm guessing there are more than a few people reading this who don't know what a "dd" is. I thought those abbreviations died years ago.

A "dd", in this application, is a dear daughter for those wondering.

Really? Sorry, I'm just stuck in the older decades around here  :P