Author Topic: Worst live band  (Read 12331 times)

joegtheog

Re: Worst live band
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2009, 11:13:58 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
new order

I saw them live in NYC and they were very good and after the show even got to meet Peter Hook, New Order is a very good band with many hit songs, I am surprised people are slagging this band.

New Order is in my top twenty of bands all time; Get Ready was a great return to form.  But I saw them live in Xfest 89 in San Diego and Public Image Limited, who opened for them,  blew them away. There might as well have been a DJ playing a New Order record, they were that lifeless.

I love New Order. But I have seen them live on TV and they were pretty bad  :(

Usually pretty bad. I saw them twice; the 1st time, Echo & the Bunnymen blew them off the stage, but the 2nd time was in '89 when they were touring with PiL and they were so much fun that night. John Lydon came out and literally kicked Peter Hook in the ar*e as they hopped in a circle.

#@!

p.s. ATDI was AWESOME.

On the Farmclub performance?  Uh.....ok.

Offline PictureInGrey

• Stateless
  • Restart and reboot yourself.
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2009, 12:44:56 PM »
Patrick Wolf. Although I love his music, he isn't as good live as he is on the albums, and he's pretty unreliable. It's a shame, really. =(

Offline DGordon1

• Elevated
« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2009, 01:14:29 PM »
Never been that impressed with Arcade Fire live, which is a shame since their two albums are excellent. They're not the worst however by any means. That honour goes to one of the awful, bland British indy bands that you see at Glastonbury etc. Like The View for instance.

Offline suitoflights

• Desert Rose
  • You gotta hold on baby to my special feature
« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2009, 05:24:44 PM »
Coldplay

absolutely! Or should we just make that worst band!!

Offline TraKianLite/Zooropa

• Numb
  • The land was flat, the highway straight and wide.
« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2009, 07:02:01 PM »
Saw Coldplay in montreal back in July.  Chris Martin looked drunk, forgot lyrics, and always apologized.
The guitar player actually setted the wrong delay setting for the end of Fix You, so he killed the song.

Ouch. To be fair, though, I wonder if Edge has ever done that.

luieu2

« Reply #80 on: March 04, 2009, 07:07:38 PM »
the tea party .
1 hour and 18 min concert .
they acted like the crowd wasnt there.

Offline latindrummer2112

• Refugee
  • my gig review blog ->latindrummer.wordpress.com
« Reply #81 on: March 04, 2009, 08:41:47 PM »
The Deftones.

I can't believe how much they sucked live. I didn't think it was possible to overdue the distortion on Stefan's guitar like that. And Chino was so off key and lethargic, it was embarrassing. I caught them on the 2000 Back to School Tour with Incubus and Taproot. Incubus blew everyone else away, and I was there mainly for the Deftones. However I must say that both Abe Cunningham and Jose Pasillas are kick ass rock drummers.

Second worst show had to be Depeche Mode during the Exciter Tour. So bland, so low key, I wanted someone to shoot me.

A close third would have to be Jaguares in 2001 AND 2008. I keep hearing people say that Caifanes and Jaguares are the same band. If that was true, Jaguares material would be just as good as Caifanes material...not even close!

I must defend Coldplay live. I know it's in style to rag on Coldplay and everything, but I saw them in during the Rush of Blood tour and that show was phenomenal. No silly antics, no endless apologies, no f*ck ups, just great songs and a ton of feeling.

Offline suitoflights

• Desert Rose
  • You gotta hold on baby to my special feature
« Reply #82 on: March 05, 2009, 08:04:06 AM »
Richard Ashrcoft solo was pretty dire. It was just him and acoustic guitar. His performance was ok but his ego was so huge and he overran so much ther headline band Supergrass had to cut their set short by half an hour.

I saw the Killers fairly early on at a festival and Brandon's voice wasn't great.

And I saw New Order at Reading about 10 years ago and they sucked. Bernard Sumner has always had a weedy voice. Very overrated band IMO.

Offline Zimmy

• Wanderer
« Reply #83 on: March 05, 2009, 08:35:39 AM »
Buckcherry, Papa Roach, and Hinder were all playing at a local county's fair. I'm not really a fan of any of these bands, but my uncle had an extra ticket so I went. Hinder was the headlining band, and they sucked. If you're gonna be boring, it's probably not a good idea to have two bands play before you who have lots of energy and interaction with the fans. If I remember correctly, a lot of people went off to the merchandise stand to buy t-shirts during Hinder's performance.

Offline Spaceman

• Child of Grace
  • Spaceman Jr.
« Reply #84 on: March 05, 2009, 08:48:00 AM »
Richard Ashrcoft solo was pretty dire. It was just him and acoustic guitar. His performance was ok but his ego was so huge and he overran so much ther headline band Supergrass had to cut their set short by half an hour.

I saw the Killers fairly early on at a festival and Brandon's voice wasn't great.

And I saw New Order at Reading about 10 years ago and they sucked. Bernard Sumner has always had a weedy voice. Very overrated band IMO.

Richard Ashcroft is God!  >:(

(IMO)  ;)

Mysterious Ways

« Reply #85 on: March 05, 2009, 04:59:50 PM »
I don't know which is the worst live band (*cough*The Jonas Brothers*cough*), but Coldplay definitely isn't.

IMHO, of course.

shockdocta22

« Reply #86 on: March 05, 2009, 05:35:51 PM »
on guitar hero 3, they had a song through the fire and the flames i forget the band,  i saw them on youtube live and they cant play the guitar, so when i looked it up (i know i know) it said they sped up the guitar 75% for the song with technology

Offline TraKianLite/Zooropa

• Numb
  • The land was flat, the highway straight and wide.
« Reply #87 on: March 05, 2009, 05:53:00 PM »
on guitar hero 3, they had a song through the fire and the flames i forget the band

My sources say DragonForce. Apparently they don't actually speed up the songs in the studio, but they do heavily edit them.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 05:57:19 PM by TraKianLite/Nolineonthehorizon »

joegtheog

« Reply #88 on: March 05, 2009, 06:04:33 PM »
I saw Sebastian Bach solo live and he was pretty bad.  His version of audience pitter-patter was "Do you guys like to smoke pot?"  and "This f***in mic sucks!!!"

Offline Mr. BonorFLYd

• Child of Grace
  • Music you can eat!
« Reply #89 on: March 05, 2009, 08:57:26 PM »
jonas brothers! but i guess they're still relevant 'since the Virgin record stores closed the Jonas Bros. are the only virgins left in business.'

got to love Letterman...heh heh.