Author Topic: Has Muse always sucked this bad?  (Read 3799 times)

Offline Allie79

• Numb
  • Mild, green and squeaky clean
Re: Has Muse always sucked this bad?
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2012, 08:28:08 PM »
I love Muse as a live band, saw them twice, they were awesome, don't really like Coldplay.
Coldplay is U2 for old people. THey have a some great songs but as a live act they are boring.

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2012, 11:06:18 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The only good thing Muse has done was playing 'Streets with Edge at Glastonbury.

Yup.

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2012, 11:12:07 AM »
Muse was good. I don't know what happened. They're still better than Radiohead though.

Coldplay is one of those bands that I know I shouldn't like because they're awful, but I do (Green Day is the same way for me).

Foo Fighters are awesome. Granted, Wasting Light is a little overhyped, but so was The Unforgettable Fire.

As for the bad lyrics thing, I agree with comments about the lyrics sounding good in the context of the song. But just remember, U2 has bad lyrics too. Let's not forget Vertigo. Yeah yeah yeah!

Offline AchtungPiano

• Elevated
  • I'm too lazy to change this photo
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2012, 12:54:16 PM »
Whether or not Interpol is bland and awful, I think we can all agree that Turn On the Bright Lights is genius.
That is all.
THIS. Seriously guys, you just need to embrace your inner Pitchfork when listening to Interpol.

But anyways, no. Absolution, Origin of Symmetry, and Black Holes and Revelations are all genius albums, and The Resistance will (hopefully) go down as their mistake, not as a sign of worse things to come.

In other words, let's hope it's more of a Rattle and Hum than a New Adventures in Hi-Fi.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2012, 12:59:13 PM »
Whether or not Interpol is bland and awful, I think we can all agree that Turn On the Bright Lights is genius.
That is all.
THIS. Seriously guys, you just need to embrace your inner Pitchfork when listening to Interpol.

But anyways, no. Absolution, Origin of Symmetry, and Black Holes and Revelations are all genius albums, and The Resistance will (hopefully) go down as their mistake, not as a sign of worse things to come.

In other words, let's hope it's more of a Rattle and Hum than a New Adventures in Hi-Fi.

you dont even like NAIH? or hopefully i'm misreading that...?

Offline suitoflights

• Desert Rose
  • You gotta hold on baby to my special feature
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2012, 04:46:23 PM »
Muse performing THAT song at the Olympics Closing Ceremony - *fail*

Brian May who followed them however absolutely rocked!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 04:50:18 PM by suitoflights »

Offline AchtungPiano

• Elevated
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2012, 11:40:56 PM »
That is all.

you dont even like NAIH? or hopefully i'm misreading that...?

Well, to be completely honest, the only REM I truly love (not counting a few singles here and there) is their 80s stuff, especially pre-Green.

But NAIH was the beginning of the end for REM, either that or Monster, and I at least respect Monster's experimentality.

Boom Cha!

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2012, 01:12:01 AM »
What's with all the Interpol hate? Not cool.

Offline AchtungPiano

• Elevated
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2012, 04:07:27 PM »

THIS

Offline TheLarryMullenBand

• Numb
  • Let's go to places no one else has been
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2012, 05:35:59 PM »

I'm sorry, but Interpol was a total bore-fest when I saw them open for U2 in Montreal. All of their songs were so bland and I could have sworn they sounded exactly the same.

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2012, 07:43:39 PM »

They just don't perform well live I guess. That or they were intimidated when they performed on the 360 gigs. They had no interaction with the audience and basically stood in one spot for 8 songs.

Offline Thunder Peel

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2012, 08:17:43 PM »
I just can't get into Muse. Even seeing them live on the 360 Tour didn't help. Their performance was lifeless and totally devoid of any passion or enthusiasm.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 08:19:40 PM by ZooStation42 »

Offline Droo

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • don't expect, suggest
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2012, 10:02:14 PM »

They just don't perform well live I guess. That or they were intimidated when they performed on the 360 gigs. They had no interaction with the audience and basically stood in one spot for 8 songs.

It wasn't just that. It's as LMB said. All their songs sounded the same. I tried to be polite and open-minded the first show I saw them perform but then got bored and annoyed. The Fray, who I also don't much care for, at least had some variety to their sound and interaction with the audience.

Offline miami

• Desert Rose
  • here comes the car chase!
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2012, 09:52:11 AM »

I'm sorry, but Interpol was a total bore-fest when I saw them open for U2 in Montreal. All of their songs were so bland and I could have sworn they sounded exactly the same.

interpol will always be a studio band for me. i don't think their material translates that well to the live environment. maybe it has to do with the singer's tone and delivery, as it can sound monotone on occasions. admittedly, their music can sound samey on first or second listen, but if you hang around for long enough, you will discover moments of brilliance with little hooks that will worm their way into your brain and leave you wondering why it took so long to 'get' this band. i consider interpol to be amongst my favourite bands, with deceptively more depth than at first glance. their first 3 albums are gems.   

Offline xy

• Child of Grace
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2012, 11:15:29 AM »
Muse = Radiohead with more guitars. Only for the Olympic song they chose to record as a Queen cover band.