Author Topic: Pearl Jam N America Tour this Spring!  (Read 231 times)

Offline noelle510

• Refugee
  • Anytime you're on the earth...is kissing time
Pearl Jam N America Tour this Spring!
« on: January 15, 2020, 09:49:24 AM »
yay
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Mozz

• Babyface
Re: Pearl Jam N America Tour this Spring!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 08:03:30 AM »
Anyone else think the new Pearl Jam song sounds like The Blackout but without the stadium-sized chorus?

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 07:41:41 AM »
It is in the same vein of being 'out of focus'. Who You Are by Pearl Jam came to mind when I first heard it.

Offline Vox

• Running to Stand Still
  • Time is irrelevant, it's not linear.
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 09:17:11 AM »
Not to sound like a hipster, but I was one of the first people I knew who had "Ten," mainly because I was a huge Soundgarden fan at the time and was interested on what this band would sound like after Mother Love Bone.  I'd say I'm somebody who highly, highly respects them as a band, but it's just not the sound I prefer to listen to at this point in my life, or willingly "put on" when I'm listening to music (however, I typically don't skip if they come up on random either).

But I listened to "Dance of the Clairvoyants" last night and was quite impressed.  I still need to listen to it a few more times, but it really surprised me, in a good way.  I don't consider myself to be any sort of expert on Pearl Jam by any measure, so I don't know if they've done this sort of sound before or if it's just a radically new thing for them, but I quite enjoyed the new tune.   

Offline dwaltman

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2020, 11:38:27 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Anyone else think the new Pearl Jam song sounds like The Blackout but without the stadium-sized chorus?

No, I didn't think of The Blackout.  My first thought was David Byrne (I'm not the only one, as Rolling Stone mentioned the same reference in a review of the song).  My second thought was "Get On Your Boots."  Not because of the sound but the somewhat disjointed structure, meaning that it sounds as if pieces from several different songs put together into one song.    Not a bad thing, necessarily, but just takes a few listens to get used to it.

I did get tickets to the Hamilton, Ontario show but I'll be behind the stage.  I was a "verified fan" for Ticketmaster but didn't realize the importance of "getting in line" 10 minutes before onsale time.  Then when picking seats, I couldn't pull the trigger fast enough and kept getting seats taken out from under me, so to speak.  Ended up about 7 rows from the stage, but behind it.  Not optimal, but I've seen Bruce Springsteen from this vantage point and it's not all bad.  However, with the pricing...about $100 for every ticket in the arena, it's a little disappointing that these tix didn't get some reduced price.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2020, 12:17:33 AM »
Ten is my least favorite Pearl Jam album. I'm going to Ottawa and Hamilton.