Author Topic: Magnificent Video and Tour Connection?  (Read 1046 times)

Offline Loose Electricity

• Wanderer
Magnificent Video and Tour Connection?
« on: May 14, 2009, 10:09:54 PM »
I just read this article about details of the stageYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
In this article, the pieces of material that line the claw are called "cover sheets".
I think there might be a connection between the sheets in the Magnificent video and the sheets for the 360 stage.
Anybody have any thoughts on this topic?

In the virtual tour of the stage on U2.com the sheets are only on the top part of the stage.

Is it possible that the stage might be covered completely with sheets at the beggining of the show. Then they open with Magnificent. In the intro to magnificent there could be lighting effects inside the claw, while it's still covered. Then once the song gets into motion the sheets get lifted up or something, similar to the video?

Mysterious Ways

Re: Magnificent Video and Tour Connection?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 01:06:13 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Is it possible that the stage might be covered completely with sheets at the beggining of the show. Then they open with Magnificent. In the intro to magnificent there could be lighting effects inside the claw, while it's still covered. Then once the song gets into motion the sheets get lifted up or something, similar to the video?

That'd be awesome. If that does happen, then for once U2 will be ripping off Coldplay!  :D

Offline u290sbaby

• Stateless
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 10:26:09 PM »
The "cover sheets" mention on that article are just the covering that will line the legs and top areas of the "Claw". I'm pretty sure these will be permanent fixtures as they are fixed with Lights on them per the 3D rendering of the stage.

countrygirl

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 06:13:41 AM »
I just read this article about details of the stageYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
In this article, the pieces of material that line the claw are called "cover sheets".
I think there might be a connection between the sheets in the Magnificent video and the sheets for the 360 stage.

In the virtual tour of the stage on U2.com the sheets are only on the top part of the stage.

Oh my!!! You are on to something here!!!!!!

That would be so "magnificent"!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Offline LOGAN B

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Ambition Bites the Nails of Success.
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 09:24:03 AM »
Coldplay did that already. I don't think U2 would want to be thought of as copying a lesser band.

Offline joe73

• Wanderer
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 11:33:06 AM »
Coldplay did that already. I don't think U2 would want to be thought of as copying a lesser band.

Did U2 not already do this when performing New York during the elevation tour? Why would they repeat themselves?