Author Topic: Will U2 come to Northern California?  (Read 1772 times)

Offline U2Rebel2015

• Babyface
  • Rock On For World Peace!
Will U2 come to Northern California?
« on: June 19, 2009, 05:43:02 PM »
I live in Northern california and i don't see any listing for concerts here.I'm sure The Claw will fit in the MacAffee Coliseum.That's where they had the Popmart concert in 1997.I was there.I hope if they do a second tourof the States they will come around here.If not I will get on my hands and knees and beg for them to come here.I sure all Nor Cal fans want them to come here....PLEASE U2 COME TO OAKLAND AND ROCK OUR WORLD!
======================================================================

U
=

Rules The World In 2015

Offline dougie

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • A Bozo on the bus going nowhere!
Re: Will U2 come to Northern California?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 07:21:54 PM »
I cannot believe with 7 million people in the Bay Area, they are not playing here.

We had the last Beatles  concert.  We had the Last Waltz.  We are as progressive of a place as there is in the United States. 

They have always played here. It is very strange.  I know there are a lot of places that can complain, but come on- we are talking about Northern California.  San Francisco.  Silicon Valley.  This is sad.

Offline JoshuaTree94

• Deep In the Heart
  • You bury your treasure where it can't be found
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 10:46:36 PM »
Blame the Oakland A's or the Raiders.

Offline FishLips

• Stateless
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 12:53:54 AM »

No confirmation yet, of course, but I would be very surprised if the Bay Area was left completely out of this tour.

Offline U2alwaysforever

• Staring at the Sun
  • "And you can dream, so dream out loud."
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 09:57:23 AM »
Hey Fish,

My bro lives in SFO, being we're both huge U2 fans it's a disappointment they're not up there, however, i'm in Phoenix, it looks like last time, they skipped Phoenix when they returned and hit Oakland, but they did San Jose the 1st leg anyway... SO my bet is 3rd leg they'll be around... In the meantime, the LA Show is on a sunday, you can drive home in time for work monday, with a lot of caffeine on board.

Offline sister moon

• Wanderer
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 10:41:34 PM »
I'm certain that they will play here, it just hasn't been announced yet....which annoys me to no end!  Most of the rumors and such that I've read have them coming to the San Francisco Bay Area in Summer 2010, probably to Oakland.  when I get really pi**ed thinking about it I remember that they started the Vertigo tour here in CA.  We had them first last time, so maybe we will get them last this go around.  I guess fair is fair...even if I don't like it!