Author Topic: Standing up when you have reserved seats question  (Read 3420 times)

Offline u21983

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Standing up when you have reserved seats question
« on: October 08, 2009, 08:30:34 AM »
I would like to know peoples opinion on standing up for the entire concert when you have reserve seats. I personally think that it's perfectly acceptable at a rock show such as u2. Does anyone consider it to be rude? But really who sits down during a muse/u2 gig????

Offline Achtung_Habs

• Party Girl/Boy
  • In the name of Love
Re: Standing up when you have reserved seats question
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 08:36:02 AM »
We had seats in Toronto, but as soon as they closed the lights, everybody stood up for the whole show !

countrygirl

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 08:38:53 AM »
We had seats also, Everyone stood the entire show. Not during Muse though. Once U2 took the stage, there was NO sitting. It was a BLAST!!!!!

Offline LOGAN B

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Ambition Bites the Nails of Success.
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 08:48:34 AM »
It's rude to sit at a U2 show. What is wrong with people??? Get up! Sing your heart out! Add to the the environmet.

Offline DGordon1

• Elevated
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 08:52:24 AM »
Everyone stood at the gig I was at so no, nobody will find it rude.

countrygirl

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 09:23:45 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It's rude to sit at a U2 show. What is wrong with people??? Get up! Sing your heart out! Add to the the environmet.

Hahaha It's rude to sit at a u2 show!!!  Don't these people know where they are? LOL

Offline u290sbaby

• Stateless
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 09:28:22 AM »
Let's not be rude! you must STAND UP at a U2 show!!

It's not the damn opera or symphony.

Boom Cha!

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 09:29:51 AM »
You guys are lucky. My section was extremely boring, it seemed like no-one was into the show. I got tired of it and finally stood during Streets onward. Once I stood everyone else stood.  :D

Offline squiggles

• Wanderer
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 09:42:26 AM »
I think it depends on the venue and artist. Carnegie Hall w/ U2 and special guests? Sit. With U2 at an arena/stadium, I think it's absurd to NOT stand unless you have a health issue. Kinda rude, too, IMO. It's a mark of respect. Night 1 at Giants Stadium, a ton of people in my section for some reason did not stand for most of the show. I stood the whole time and no one said a peep. Probably b/c they KNOW at a U2 show it's what is done and also, they could see perfectly fine w/ a set as huge as U2's. Even a plane overhead could probably see the whole show! I say that at these shows, people stand if they want to. You paid, you wanna enjoy yourself and the show in the fullest (yet respectful) way possible. If people wanna sit, it's their choice.

One a related note:

I think this whole standing/sitting issue, as well as the different vibe of the crowd, is a relatively new issue which has been building since Elevation but all the more visible on this tour. A band w/ a catalogue this big attracts people from all different eras, which means not everyone is signed on to the whole setlist or knows/cares about the songs. It's a real shame...b/c I think it affects the vibe in the audience, which is always made their shows special. Now you got people sitting til Streets or Sunday Bloody Sunday come on. After, right back down again.

Nothing beat the Zoo TV tour, when their catalogue was large but not SO big that people were unfamiliar w/ a ton of songs. EVERYONE rocked out to the Fly and Zoo Station. The atmosphere was insane!!! Now? Not so much. On Vertigo tour, people hardly moved to them. Now they're not even on the setlist anymore.

Don't mean to b*tch and moan, but it's just something I've noticed especially during this tour.

Offline squiggles

• Wanderer
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 09:44:07 AM »
You guys are lucky. My section was extremely boring, it seemed like no-one was into the show. I got tired of it and finally stood during Streets onward. Once I stood everyone else stood.  :D

Ha! I just saw your post...was not referring to you!  ;)

Boom Cha!

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 09:46:00 AM »

Ha! I just saw your post...was not referring to you!  ;)

:D

I really wanted to stand the whole show, but my section was such a let down. The people in front of me showed no emotion. It was awful. At my next U2 concert I won't let that bring me down again.  ;D

Offline Northern Soul

• Desert Rose
  • I'm not coming down...
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 09:47:18 AM »
At both Chicago and Toronto the entire sections stood up for the whole concert.

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2009, 09:47:27 AM »
Everyone stood at both mine, no problem. Except the second one, where my stand- NO other stand, just mine, sat for about half of the gig. In fact, they specifically sat down at the intro of Streets, which blew my mind.

Offline highway190

• Refugee
  • Not telling you where the J Tree is.
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2009, 11:06:03 AM »
Welcome to the US! Where people will stand up for idiots running with a football, but not for U2.

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2009, 11:07:44 AM »
At both Chicago and Toronto the entire sections stood up for the whole concert.

I'm worried about Vancouver.  But my short self is standing, everyone behind me be damned.  I am now an experienced 360 Tour watcher, so I will show THEM how its done ;)