Author Topic: Tour merchandise question  (Read 1161 times)

Offline TheFlyMacphisto

• Headache in a Suitcase
Tour merchandise question
« on: October 19, 2009, 09:15:29 AM »
I don't imagine they are able to take my U2.com 25% off coupon at the venue are they? Is it only for use on the website or can I use it when I buy at the concert tomorrow? 

Hawkmoon2e

Re: Tour merchandise question
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 09:31:28 AM »
It's for online purchases only. The tour murchandise is cheaper when you buy it through the site, then you can add your discount to it as well. But the selections aren't as good online, and there's also that little problem of shipping when you buy through Fanfire.
I saw that one of the tour jackets was originally $200 at the stadiums, and now it's around $60 online. I guess no one was buying it.

Offline TheFlyMacphisto

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 10:26:22 AM »
Very cool.

Thank you for the info, I really appreciate it. Perhaps I will buy a program (or coffee mug) since I will go insane not getting SOMETHING tomorrow night in Phoenix, AZ, and then just get a shirt/jacket online.

Offline luckado

• Wanderer
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 01:04:13 PM »
I wanted to buy a regular T shirt while I was at the concert (especially since this tour was my first), but $40 is a bit rich, even for a rabid U2 fan like me.

Offline TheFlyMacphisto

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 01:45:50 PM »
Yeah, I'll wait till I get back and do it online.

I do remember people (unofficial merchandise no doubt) that sold U2  t-shirts/posters after the show for cheap. Anyone know if that was still the case in other venues?

Obviously I am for getting the real stuff from the tour, but a cool (and cheap poster) is never a bad thing. ;)